Sunday, November 27, 2011

Poll #1 - OK Cupid - the google of online dating?

OK so we've mentioned our own experiences (and experiments) that involve OK Cupid.

It has gotten to the point where I don't really feel embarrassed mentioning my OK Cupid (or OKC as aficionados say) profile's existence non-anonymously, that is, in real life (note the use of first person speech denoting my seriousness).  A surprisingly large proportion of single people we know in New York, San Francisco, and Chicago are on it now - it almost even seems like NOT having a profile is the new weird.

So readers, I am curious.... just how common has online dating become?  OKC seems to be the "google of online dating" (OK to be fair, that is what they say about themselves...) So lets see!

Tell me (anonymously of course!!!)


ARE YOU ON OK CUPID????

1 comment:

  1. I've lived in NYC for almost 4 years, and the only dating I've done has been online. Besides not frequenting bars are other "pick up" locations, I think I've become addicted to the process. It certainly helps to know that you're on the site for the same reason (or some version of that reason - that you're looking for someone). Just a couple weeks ago I asked out a guy who I know from "real life", and he said yes, and the ball is in his court, and he hasn't gotten back to me. So, we'll see.

    ReplyDelete